- FREE 12 Days of Christmas gift tags in red & green below
- FREE 12 Days of Christmas gift tags in chalkboard
- More 12 Days of Christmas gift ideas
For Christmas last year, my husband and I decided to not spend a lot on gifts because neither of us really needed anything. And let’s be honest…if he really wants something, he goes out and buys it. So I thought I would do something a little different for him and give him, my True Love, 12 days of Christmas gifts. I didn’t decided to do this until about 15 days before Christmas, and I had to scramble to get my gifts. I was going to post this earlier to give you time to think through and get your gifts if you decided to do this (and to any husbands out there reading this, wives would really like to get 12 days of Christmas gifts too), but then life got away from me. So if this post is too late for you for this year, tuck it away for next year.
Now, I had always just assumed that the 12 days of Christmas were the 11 days leading up to Christmas with Christmas being the 12th day. But a little research showed me I was sorely mistaken…the 12 days of Christmas are the 11 days followingChristmas, with Christmas being day 1. This, however, did not appeal to me–how sad would it be to just get one little gift on Christmas day and have to wait for all your other gifts? So I went with the 11 days before Christmas instead, and you can too if you want. Tradition will just have to be ok with that.
When deciding what to give your true love for their 12 days of Christmas, you really have unlimited options. Obviously, you’ll want to tailor it to their tastes and preferences. I’m also kinda weird in that I like to theme my gifts (I just think it’s so fun when all your gifts relate to each other). So I tried to do this with Mr. K’s 12 days of gifts. At this time last year, he had just started to get into craft beer and home brewing, so I decided on a “drink” theme. And here are the gifts I gave:
- Day 1: Super cute tool bottle opener
- Day 2: Mentos Up2U gum
- Day 3: Date night with Menage a Trois Wine, Olive Trio, Meat, Cheese & Crackers
- Day 4: King Size Twix (comes with 4 pieces)
- Day 5: 5 Beer Glasses
- Day 6: I can’t remember and I didn’t write that day down
- Day 7: Bottle of 7-Up
- Day 8: 8 Reasons You’re An Awesome Dad
- Day 9: 9 Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Day 10: Beers of the World
- Day 11: 11 Reasons Why I Love You
- Day 12: 12 Month Subscription to Zymurgy magazine, which included a membership to the American Homebrewers Association
Needless to say, my True Love loved getting his gifts. He was like a little kid, and if the gift wasn’t waiting in plain sight the morning of, he was very disappointed. And I love this idea because I think it allows you to actively show your True Love just how much you really do love them–it’s hard work to come up with 12 thoughtful, themed, numbered gifts! Maybe that’s the whole point of the 12 Days of Christmas….
I made up my own tags for the gifts. They’re nothing fancy, but if you need some, feel free to download and print mine:
See where I party!